Here is the workflow I use for creating a new blog post using Octopress.
Use my favorite text editor, Sublime text.
Sublime Text tools:
- Spell Check (Comes standard in sublime text. Use F6 to turn it on.)
- Markdown Preview (A plugin that can be installed from package control that allows you to preview markdown in a browser)
- LiveReload (a plugin that makes it so every time you save a markdown file your preview is updated automatically in the browser)
Write post using Markdown or HTML in Sublime Text.
Once I am happy with the way the post looks I then get into my dev Octopress server and do the following command:
rake new_post[<post name>]
- Use vim to edit the new post.
- Paste my markdown into the new post.
- Add any tags that need to be added.
Deploy new page