What you need:
- 1 cup Earth Balance margarine
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 TB ground flax seeds blended vigorously with 3 TB water until goopy
- vanilla extract to taste
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 12 oz. bag chocolate chips
What you do:
- Cream margarine and sugar until very well blended and fluffy.
- Mix in flax mixture and vanilla, blend well.
- In separate bowl, mix together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Fluff with fork or whisk to aerate the flour (don’t compact it).
- Slowly add dry mix to wet, but don’t overmix.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 - 12 min. (The should look completely set, but not totally browned; they will sink into themselves a bit when cooling).